We proudly introduce our recently launched chatbot connected to the Cricket World Cup 2019!
In cooperation with Viber, we delivered our sports game Cricket bot, within 7 weeks. Fans can reach it on Viber – click here to see its many great features. The bot’s main aim is to promote the Viber platform in countries where cricket is a national sport. It does so by offering a cool platform to get information about the game, predict results and win.
In May 2019, cricket-loving countries –such as Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and so on – were eagerly awaiting the start of the June Cricket World Cup held in England & Wales. Viber sees a major spike in user growth during the tournaments with the excitement and fanfare surrounding the game. Alas, this is where Talk-A-Bot chatbot solutions and Viber’s aim came together and we started to work on the World Cricket Bot. We believe using chatbots for sports events can provide an effective tool for mass participation, event organizers, sports clubs, race promoters, and charity event coordinators to handle participant inquiries 24/7. It also provides an effective marketing tool for event promotion.
And for what else?
Chatbots are also perfect for GAME PLAYING via chat!
So, let’s see what our chatbot can do:
1. Send a reminder every morning for the matches of the day to make predictions – users get a daily reminder about the upcoming matches.
2. Allow users to make predictions – users are able to submit the predictions for each match for 3 questions (guessing for both teams)
3. Leaderboard – There are Global and Country Leaderboards, to see the most important thing: World Cup scores!
4. Invitation system – users can invite a friend to play with or challenge their friends to predict better – of course!
5. Share information about the match schedule and the previous results – If you are interested in either of those – go for it!
And the prizes? As the platform is Viber, users can win unique sticker packs and Viber out credits.
So far, 150 000 users have already contacted the bot and 100 000 have predicted the outcome of at least one game. The top playing countries were Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Great Britain, Australia.
There is still less than one month left of the game, so we expect more and more users, especially when we’re getting closer to the finals!